Discover how to become a beauty influencer with our ingenious tips.
Dream of a tribe of raving fans. The biggest beauty brands sending you their latest products…Being a beauty influencer is something a lot of us want to do. This is why it’s becoming harder and harder every day to become one.
Around 60% of beauty and fashion brands already have an influencer marketing strategy and 21% of brands plan to make one over the next year.
However, a clear strategy will help you understand how you can build an audience and get in front of beauty brands to show them your skills.
In today’s article, we’ll help you become a beauty influencer. Start implementing these tips to build your social media career.
5 Ingenious Tips to Become a Beauty Influencer
Follow these expert tips to turn your dream into reality.
#1. Be Passionate About Makeup and Beauty
If you want to become a beauty influencer, it’s important that you share your passion with others.
From the season’s hottest trends to the latest product launches, you should know about everything. There are many ways you can do this. You can pick a platform of your choice and start sharing your knowledge.
For instance, you can become a blogger by signing up at Blogger.com or WordPress.com. If not, you can start sharing your opinion on Instagram or Facebook.
YouTube + Instagram is the most common combination of platforms for beauty influencers.
#2. Stay Consistent
No matter which platform you choose, the key is to remain consistent. The top beauty brands want to collaborate with influencers who are consistent.
If you want to get discovered by more and more people, you need to show up every day.
Engage with your audience by:
- Using relevant hashtags on Instagram. For instance, #IGskincare, #makeupjunkie, #skincarejunkie, #instamakeup, and #beautyblogger are relevant for skincare, beauty and makeup fans.
- Collaborate with other beauty influencers. You can collaborate by interviewing other beauty influencers, writing guest posts or run a joint giveaway.
- Build a relationship with other beauty influencers. Like and comment on their posts. Read thor blog posts and let them know your opinion via comments or email. Form a genuine relationship with them so that you can support each other.
- Stay consistent. Don’t abandon your account or blog for months. This will lead to a loss of followers and readers as they’ll assume you’ve left blogging. Try scheduling tools to make continuous posting a breeze.
#3. Flaunt Your Unique Style
There are over million beauty influencers in the world today. You need to showcase your personal style in order to stand out from the crowd.
You’ll be able to gain the attention of beauty brands when you’re focusing and sharing your personal opinions.
Think about what makes you unique, what makes you, well…you! Maybe you have a unique way of applying makeup, or have a particular ‘look’, or are interested in a particular style of beauty.
Highlight whatever makes you different and make it your Unique Selling Point (USP).
This is what will help you get discovered by your favourite brands.
#4. Join Beauty Influencer Communities
There are a lot of online communities that are designed to help budding influencers collaborate with brands.
Create engaging content with platforms like Insense in exchange for products or money. Such platforms will help your influencer career to the next level.
It’ll not only help you gain experience but also expose you to their followers via their web and social media channels.
Here are a few creatives that beauty influencers generally produce for brands:
- An unboxing video to showcase their latest products.
- Sponsored giveaways.
- Live content such as ‘going live’ or ‘Q&A sessions’.
- Sponsored posts.
- Photography of their products.
- Product/service demonstrations.
- Image content or a product review.
#5. Educate Yourself
Keep educating yourself to hone your skills. The more skills you have, the better.
You can take courses in several fields such as social media marketing, content writing or YouTube marketing.
Alternatively, you can also enrol in makeup and beauty influencer courses such as this one. You can also attend workshops and take tips from industry experts.
Becoming a makeup and beauty influencer can be daunting. But, with the right strategy, you’ll be able to build an audience and start earning money.
Which platform will you choose and how will you engage with your audience? Tell us in the comments section below!